FlexiCapture FlexiLayout Studio: parsing a QR code

• Last Post 13 March 2018
decibel83 posted this 15 June 2016

Hi.
In my documents I have a QR code containing some XML code which I need to parser, recognize fields and insert them in the export database.
I mean, I don't have to recognize any text in the document but only the content of the QR code.
But I don't have to insert in the database fields the whole content of the QR code but each node of the XML code inserted in it.
How I can parse it after the recognition but before the export creating a block for every node in the XML content?
Thank you very much.
Bye!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Timur posted this 20 June 2016

Hello,

You can use a custom export to parse qr code value using for example C# which provides some built it instruments to work with xml and then export these values to DB.

Regards
Tim

decibel83 posted this 28 June 2017

Thanks! Could you please tell me where I could insert the custom export script? Are you referring about a script into the FlexiLayout or into the Document Definition? Or a validation rule into the field? Thanks!

Ekaterina posted this 04 July 2017

Hello,

Here is the instruction how to use the custom export script: Program settings > Document Definitions > Data export settings > Export described with a script

And if you use the destributed version you may create the custom export stage at the advanced workflow: Using scripts in ABBYY FlexiCapture > Scripts for customizing processing stages > Sample scripts > Sample scripts describing export if you use 

decibel83 posted this 02 March 2018

Hi Ekaterina, thanks for your solution.

Though I managed in parsing the QR Code using a JScript rule script which takes the content of the QR Code, parse it and compile other fields.

I also added a verification rule script for each fields compile from the parsing script to check if the final results are correct and valid.

Is it OK or do you advise a better way to make this?

Thanks!

Ekaterina posted this 13 March 2018

Hello,

As we can see from the description of the case, your solution is quite optimal, so please go on.

Close