Hello there, I have an issue when having two tables in Blocks and exporting them Background: I extract two tables from the document, so I create two table Blocks, when exporting these two tables to excel, the data in first table is correct, but the data in second table duplicated. Symptom: the number of data rows in first table is 18 and the exported excel contains 18 data rows which is correct,. The number of data rows in second table is 3, so the EXPECTED number of data rows in second exported excel should be 3, but the actual number of data rows in second exported excel was 3*18 = 54, 3 expected data rows repetitively exported for 18 times. it seems each time when exporting one row for first table, 3 rows of second table exported that's why we have 3 * 18 = 54 rows in second excel. I tried to switch the two table Blocks order in FlexiLayout, the result is similar, the first excel contains 3 rows which is correct, and the second excel contains 18 * 3 = 54 row. Could you please advise what's causing it and how to solve this issue?
FlexiLayout: having two tables in Blocks and exporting them
- 112 Views
- Last Post 29 January 2018
Could you please give us additional information what product do you using (FC10/FC11/FC12)?
We cannot reproduce the issue on our side, so could you please send us your project, sample images and the screenshot that shows your layout structure.
Attached the pdf, please advise how I can send the project to you as zip file is not supported
We offer you to upload the project archived with password-protection on any file storage by your choice, and then send us the link and the password by private message on this forum.
Otherwise you may contact your regional support and get private channel for transferring your project.
please download the whole project from here:
pdf included in "document" folder
spreadsheets which includes extracted data are in "parsed" folder, if you go to that folder, you will see the issue I am talking about.
FlexiCapture project file is in ./TableDemo/TableDemo/New Project folder
Before we address this issue to the HQ support, could you please describe us how you expect these tables to look like in the resulting .xls file?
In any case you may use the script export to put the information from your tables in the resulting file as you wish.
Using scripts in ABBYY FlexiCapture > Scripts for customizing processing stages > Types of scripts > Export script
Please use custom script export for this purpose. (Using scripts in ABBYY FlexiCapture > Scripts for customizing processing stages > Types of scripts > Export script Developer Help)
Thanks very much for your reply, I still have two questions:
1. The issue I described above is identified as an FlexiCapture issue? It will be fixed in the next release?
2. For my case here, I think I can use custom script to export data if standard export can't meet my needs, but could you please share with me some examples regarding exporting tables by using custom scripts as I didn't find useful examples
This case currently under investigation in the ABBYY HQ 2nd line.
Using scripts in ABBYY FlexiCapture > Scripts for customizing processing stages > Sample scripts > Sample scripts describing export
- All Categories
- ABBYY FlexiCapture Forums
- ABBYY Recognition Server Forums
- ABBYY FlexiCapture for Invoices
- Local Forums
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Verify the content of a QR Code in FlexiLayout Studio to match the layout
- 2 database not returning value after exact match
- 3 Cursor focus is not in sequence in Line Items
- 4 Cording error of Static text Japanese option
- 5 Remove pages which are not Invoices such as letters, attachments during recognition