I'm having trouble getting a document recognized. I created a document definition based on a document I received, using a fixed layout. This document was able to be recognized. Then I got another document and there was an extra line of text that moved everything below that line down one line. So I created a copy of the document definition and manually moved down all the elements, both in Static Elements Mode and Field Regions mode.
It did not recognize the document. I thought maybe it was too similar to the original document, so I disabled the original document. It still didn't recognize. I thought maybe there was something in the new document that was different than the original document. So I extracted the first page of the new document, created a new document definition based on that page, verified that it detects everything when I click "Run Test", and created a test batch with that one page. It still didn't recognize.
I also went through many other troubleshooting steps besides these and I was unsuccessful getting this document to recognize.