12 March 2018
- Last edited 12 March 2018
ABBYY Business Card Reader product is out of the scope of this forum. But I have tried to find similar issues in our database. Unfortunately, with little success. To resolve your issue please answer the questions below and send the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to resolve the situation, please try to reinstall ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0 application with disabled third party software:
1. Uninstall ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0 (menu Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Add or Remove Programs).
2. Turn off any third party software (registry cleaners, antivirus, etc.).
3. Download the distributive of ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0
4. Run the installation by right-clicking onto the downloaded file and selecting Run as administrator.
5. Install ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0 following the instructions of Installation Wizard.
6. Turn on third party software.
If the error-messages still appear, please provide us with the following information for further development of the situation:
1. Detailed description of the steps that lead to the error-message appearance.
2. Report file.
3. Event Viewer log-file.
To create file report follow the steps bellow:
1. Open the installation folder of the application from the directory C:\Program Files(x86)\ ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0.
2. Run exe.
3. In the opened report window click the "Save as..." button.
4. Save the file and attach it to the letter.
To save Event Viewer log-file, please do the following:
1. Launch ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0 and reproduce the situation described.
2. Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.
3. Select Windows Logs.
4. Right-click Application and select Save All Events as....
5. Send us the *.evt file.